Nov 23, 2008

CD Review: John Legend "Evolver"


So one thing that i wanted to do on this blog is periodically post CD reviews of some of the music that i buy. 

Today's post is the latest CD of John Legend. 
I bought it about a month ago and hated it...........at first.
You see, I dislike change when it comes to artists that I like. I still don't like MAE's new CD and i think "Make yourself" was the greatest Incubus CD that will ever be released. -anyways-

In my opinion this CD was very Kanye West influenced, which kinda makes sense since that's his producer. What upset me probably more than anything was that on most of these songs there was very little piano, and alot of synthetic beats. But as I continued to listened to the CD the music grew on me. It is very well written and very catchy. His lyrics are still very smooth and well thought out, and on a few songs you can catch some major reggae influenced which i loved.

All in all i definitely recommend this CD if your a former John Legend fan, and encourage you....if you have no idea who I'm talking about, look him up. I doubt you will regret it.

Stars   4/5

No comments: